Preston, Seton & Gosford Candidate
Ward 2 - Preston, Seton and Gosford
I am a Cockenzie & Port Seton resident and Community Councillor. I am originally from South Wales, though my fiancée was raised in Longniddry and remains active in Girlguiding there. I work in student support and administration at Edinburgh University.
In this election, the key issues for me are:
1. Combatting cost of living crisis in local communities and providing resources to support local families
2. Local employment opportunities and development such as leveraging the former Cockenzie Power Station site to create opportunities
3. Restoring pre-pandemic services and access across both the council and public transport - e.g. community group access to Schools, community centre opening times
4. Empowering local communities through their community councils
5. Properly connecting and supporting new communities such as Blindwells with adequate services
6. Ensuring that council staff at the heart of our communities are paid and have working conditions to reflect their essential role.